Allison Lee...Artist of the Week

Welcome to my first installment of Artist of the Week.  Each Wednesday, I will be selecting an artist who inspires me with their work and writing a feature article about them in my blog.

This week I have selected my friend and fellow artist, Allison Lee of Papercrafts by Allison.  Allison creates beautiful handmade cards, gifts, and bookmarks.  I think what I enjoy most about Allison's work is the peaceful and joyful feeling that I get when I look at her artwork.  She has a unique style that captures a feeling of peace and kindness.

Her handmade cards incorporate design and creativity with special attention to detail.  Here are a few samples of her work:

Along with her cards, she also creates bookmarks and handmade gifts.  I particularly like the small collage birdhouses.  She made me one for a gift and I love it.  It is sitting on my windowsill in my studio so I can enjoy it while I work. Look at these two beautiful birdhouses:




















Take some time to look at Allison's Etsy shop, Papercrafts by Allison and to read her blog, Thoughtful Creations, you will be happy that you did!  I can't wait to see what she creates next!